The Statehouse Market is a unique opportunity to sell to more than 12,000 state employees, as well as other business professionals in the area. We have the ability to promote and highlight the market through direct email and other marketing techniques to all employees. Food trucks are invited and sprinkled throughout the vendors as well. Offering hot, delicious lunches, the trucks have a significant social media following, which brings in more customers.
We have a full vendor lineup currently, but interested vendors and farmers should email email@example.com to inquire about our market.
2015 Application Process for Food Trucks
For the 2015 season, the Statehouse Market is capping our food truck roster at 50 food trucks for our initial scheduling. We’ve extended an invitation back to our returning vendors from 2014. We have multiple spots available and plan to make selections from other interested trucks. Please submit your completed application and other paperwork detailed below by April 6, 2015.
Our Market Manager strives for a nice variety in our group of trucks each week. We’ll strive to also get our returning trucks on the schedule as many times as we can, while welcoming in some new food trucks too.
Our selection process does include limits on the number of trucks that serve from these three established categories: Bakery/Dessert/Ice Cream, Pizza and Barbeque/Cajun/Creole/Southern/Soul. This can change based on our available trucks. Trucks not selected in our first 50 for the season are given the option to be included on an alternate list. If a cancellation occurs, trucks on the alternate list will be contacted and given the opportunity to attend.
Now accepting applications for food trucks
Please submit paperwork by April 6, 2015 to be considered for the season.
Food trucks must submit the following, along with a signed application, before selling at the market:
- A completed and signed Registration Application As A Temporary Retail Food Establishment form from Indiana State Dept. of Health. Send the signed form to us or ISDH (see instructions on form to mail or fax) along with the latest inspection report on your commissary and their mobile truck, if applicable.
- Your latest inspection report from a food regulatory program (i.e. ISDH, local health department, etc).
- Copy of the current certificate of insurance.
Food trucks pay a $15 or $30 fee (based on parking needs) for attending the market to the Market Manager on each day they attend.
- For food trucks requiring only a single space (16’x16’), the weekly fee is: $15.00.
- For food trucks requiring a two spaces and/or a trailer pulled behind a van/truck, the weekly fee is $30.00.
For the COI you can use this information for the Certificate Holder:
Indiana State Personnel Department
402 West Washington Street, Room W161
Indianapolis, Indiana 46204
If you need to mail any or all of these documents, just send to the above address (Attn: Jeff Mullins). I’ve also included a copy of the Statehouse Market Requirements for your review.
Our fax number is: (317) 232-3089.
Vendors must also submit the following, along a signed application above, before selling at the market:
- Provide copy of Registration Application As A Temporary Retail Food Establishment from the Indiana State Board of Health (if applicable)
- Provide a copy of current insurance certificate
- Provide a copy of vehicle insurance
- Pay all applicable fees
Do you serve a healthy selection or gluten-free option? Are you using local, farm fresh produce?
On our application we state that preference is given to trucks who utilize Indiana produce and whose menus feature healthy options. This is what we are looking for from food trucks for our event. We like to promote healthy menu selections from your truck to our employees each time you’re here. We want to know about your signature menu items too. We also want to know about vegetarian and gluten-free options. If you are using local produce or you grow some of your own ingredients, we want to know that too. On your application, please be clear about this so we know how committed your truck is to helping us expand our Invest In Your Health wellness program for state employees.
If you’re interested in teaming up with any of our vendors by using some of their meat or produce, let us know about it. We’ll have our vendor list finalized soon.