Trucks, treats, and good eats are back for the Statehouse Market this week! Makes plans to spend your lunch hour at the market! We’ll be out on Robert D. Orr Plaza from 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. on Thursday, Sept. 1.
Check out the Statehouse Market lineup at www.statehousemarket.com/vendors/food-truck-schedules
SECC Kickoff Party
Come out to Robert D. Orr Plaza Thursday, Sept. 1, for the State Employees’ Community Campaign (SECC), for opening remarks at 11:30 a.m. (please plan on gathering at 11:15 a.m.). Following the opening remarks, agency leaders from this year’s sponsors will introduce their spotlighted charity, and a charity representative will speak about their mission.
After hearing from the sponsoring agencies, you will get the chance to learn more about them, as well as other local nonprofit organizations that will be tabling on the plaza.
We will have live music and activities like the well-loved dunk tank, pie in the face, cornhole, and of course, lots of trucks, treats, and good eats at the Statehouse Market.
We will also have a FREE raffle for two FREE rounds of golf at the Legends Golf Club, a free lunch from one of our Statehouse Market food trucks, free cookies, free t-shirts, and more! All you have to do is show up and ask for your free raffle ticket at the Invest In Your Health tent. Winners will be announced following closing remarks at 12:30 p.m. from the main stage, so come early to claim your shot at one of our free prizes!
Agency speakers and charities:
- Kevin Garvey, BMV | Mighty Mason Fund for Palliative Care
- Joel Thacker, IDHS | Hoosier Burn Camp
- Brian Rockensuess, IDEM | Second Helpings
- Josh Richardson, DWD | Helping Veterans and Families (HVAF)
- Randy Koester, IDOC | Correctional Professionals Assistance Fund of Indiana (CPAFI)
- Terry Stigdon, DCS | Paws and Think
Dunk tank volunteers ($5 for 3 throws; $10 guaranteed dunk)
- 12:30 to12:45 p.m. Tera Klutz, Auditor of State
- 12:45 to 1 p.m. Noah Shelton, DWD
- 1 to 1:15 p.m. Kevin Gulley, DOR
- 1:15 to 1:30 p.m. Kevin Garvey, BMV
Pie in the face ($5 per pie)
- 12:30 to 12:45 p.m. Scott Maitland, DLGF & Joseph Pinnell, EIO
- 12:45 to 1 p.m. Greg Dunn, DOC & James Ramer, GCPD
- 1 to 1:15 p.m. Cam Rowley, INSPD
- 1:15 to 1:30 p.m. Christy Tittle, INSPD