We’ll see you Thursdsay at the Statehouse Market on Robert Orr Plaza in Indianapolis. Join our produce vendors and food trucks from 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Three picks of the week
It’s their last week this season, so please stop by and say hello to Dave and Patty Barrickman from Wildflower Ridge Honey. Try some Fresh Ground Handmade Honey Peanut Butter from this vendor. Also buy some fresh apples from Biltz Greenhouses and enjoy those with the peanut butter. Yum!
Lunch is served from Nacho Mama’s Food Truck with the Mini Taco Salad. The dish includes lettuce, veggie “beef” crumbles, Chihuahua cheese, Spanish rice, fresh salsa and chipotle sour cream in a tortilla bowl. You get all of the for just $5.
Check out Nicey Treat this week and try some of their new flavors like the Concord Grape (made with Indiana Concord grapes), the Pumpkin Nice. All Nicey pops are made with natural ingredients and many contain only fresh, seasonal produce.
- Biltz Greenhouses – Featuring varieties of apples, sweet corn, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes and pumpkins.
- Oberweis Dairy – Offering samples of milk and other Oberweis products.
- Posey & Pumpkins – Tomatoes, squash, corn, peppers plus mums, asters, and other seasonal plants.
- Red Barn Meats – Grass fed beef, grain fed beef, pork, goat and lamb, soup bones, knuckle bones, and beef variety meats. They also have a variety of pork as well as various lamb & goat items.
- Simple Taste Specialty Bakery – Featuring specialty, gluten-free breads including Paleo, banana, zucchini and pumpkin. Also check out owner Jenny Cleave’s weekly selection of desserts like pumpkin muffins, pumpkin roll and apple, plum and pear baby pies. Vegan and vegetarian dieters will be happy to know Simple Taste has a bigger selection this week.
- Van Antwerp Farm Market – Tomatoes, green beans, eggplants, pumpkins, sweet corn and other produce.
- Wilson Farm – Watermelons, pears, greens, tomatoes, herbs, pumpkins and gourds.
- Wildflower Ridge Honey – Last week this season!! They have a new product: Jalapeno Whipped Honey and also a new batch of jalapeno infused honey. Don’t forget to ask about gift baskets.
- Tulip Tree Creamery – This week: Fresh Mozzarella to use with the last of the summer tomatoes or in your favorite Italian dish – pizza, pasta salad, etc. Trillium is a mold-ripened cheeses that is similar to Brie and can be spread on warm baguette or on your favorite sandwich; Cultured Butter is a very special butter made with cultures that give it an old fashion flavor that is hard to describe.
Our vendors Bryant Farms and Flat Rock Farms are done for the season.
- Duos Indy – See full menu on profile
- Little Eataly – See truck for menu
- Nacho Mama – Try the Mini Taco Salad
- Byrne’s Grilled Pizza – See truck for menu
- Scouts Treat Truck – See truck for menu
- Chef Dan’s Southern Comfort – Try the Vegan Red Beans and Rice
- Gobble Gobble – Try the Turkey Chili
- Serendipity – See truck for menu
- Circle City Spuds – See truck for menu
- Mac Genie Truck – Try the Big Blue Colts Mac
- Dhaba Indy – Try healthy selections like Grilled Tilapia, Palak Paneer or Vegetable Korma
- Nicey Treat